Hospitality Recovery Grant Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 23 June, 2021
Leiths Online Cookery School (“us”, “we”, or “our”) – a partnership between Workshop Tech Solutions Ltd. and Leiths School of Food and Wine Ltd. – are offering grants with the intention of helping hospitality employers recruit under-trained staff and to support the career progression of employees.
The following grants are available:
- 100 fully-funded placements – limited to one placement per business, successful applicants receive free access to their chosen course.
- 1,000 part-funded placements – successful applicants receive partial funding towards their chosen course (see amounts below).
Grants apply to the following online courses from Leiths Online Cookery School:
- Essential Cooking – part-funded grant worth £450, reducing price to £795 ex-VAT.
- Chef Skills – part-funded grant worth £515, reducing price to £895 ex-VAT.
- Introduction to Patisserie – part-funded grant worth £250, reducing price to £495 ex-VAT.
- Applications to grants will be open until Friday 6 August.
- Placements will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, and will start at the earliest possible date to assist the applicant’s business needs.
- 70% of spaces across the 100 fully-funded placements and 1,000 part-funded placements will be allocated to restaurants which do not pay into the government apprenticeship levy.
- 30% of spaces across the 100 fully-funded placements and 1,000 part-funded placements will be allocated to restaurants which do pay into the government apprenticeship levy.
- All applicants must be employed or have employment agreed on the date of starting the course.
- Where applicants would like to progress to attain Leiths certification (available only on Essential Cooking and Chef Skills), this can be discussed with the course mentor.
Where payment is applicable, the following terms apply:
- These grants are only for UK hospitality businesses. You may not apply as an individual – your employer must make an application and then distribute a placement to you if it is successful.
- All costs will be invoiced to the business or employer and due within 14 days of issuing the invoice.
- Grant agreements may be cancelled at any time at the sole discretion of Leiths Online Cookery School, for example in cases where we suspect misuse of our grants program.